Promo materials for events, programs & fundraisers at Kapisanan
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP @ KAPISANAN
REPORTS TO: Kapisanan Staff: Executive Director, and Operations & Marketing Co-ordinator
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Kapisanan is seeking interns for its Marketing and Communications team. Interns will play a key role in the overall public relations efforts of Kapisanan. The Marketing and Communications Internship provides a learning experience during which interns participate in all aspects of planning and coordinating marketing, promotions, and outreach for all Kapisanan programming, events, and projects. During this program you will have an opportunity to gain experience in the field and enhance your skills while working under the direction of professional mentors.
This is a great opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience in marketing with a vibrant and growing organization!
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assist in coordinating Kapisanan Marketing and Communications Plan draft for the upcoming year
• Assist in writing and distribution of press releases, media advisories, and other internal and external communication material
• Assist Outreach Committee to draft, edit, and distribute marketing collateral materials. This includes copy for newsletters, website, flyers, brochures, as well as spotlight videos, and other media presentations
• Assist in overseeing branding to refine and strengthen Kapisanan identity and image.
• Assist in identifying corporate partners through sponsorships, special events and other cause-related marketing and development opportunities.
• Communicate regularly with Executive Director and Operations & Marketing Coordinator on the status of the tasks assigned.
• Complete all tasks in a timely fashion with high quality of work.
• Ability to work at least two full days in the Kapisanan office per week for a six-month period, plus attend various Kapisanan events.
• Carry out all responsibilities in a professional, timely and effective manner.
• Be organized and responsible professional with the ability to function as a team member.
• Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Perform any other duties, carry out any other requests as directed by the Executive Director
Street promo for Kapisanan around Kensington Market
QUALIFICATIONS / INTERESTS
We are seeking a dynamic, committed young person who is:
• Keen interest or some background in the arts and culture production.
• In-depth understanding of Filipino & Filipino-Canadian culture, experience, and struggles
• Actively pursuing or completed Bachelor of Arts/ MBA degree in Business, Marketing, or a keen interest in pursuing a career in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, or related fields.
• Well-organized and self-motivated
• Strong communications skills, oral and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), though we are willing to train.
Start date: IMMEDIATELY
Work schedule: 2 days/week for 6 months; possibility of extension
We are willing to work with a university or college to arrange academic credit or high school co-op placement.
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID – your payment is real world experience under the mentorship of professionals, and/or co-op placement credit.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Marketing & Communications Intern” in the subject (and any relevant work if applicable) by e-mail or in person to:
Caroline Mangosing – Executive Director
167 Augusta Ave.
(2 blocks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application: 416.979.0600
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is Friday, May 11, 2012 at 5 p.m. EXTENDED TO Friday May 18th at 5 p.m.
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture (or KAPISANAN or The K) is Canada’s premiere Filipino-Canadian arts & cultural facility located in Toronto
Housed inside Toronto’s Kensington Market district is Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture’s 3500 sq ft headquarters. We are youth-led incorporated non-profit organization with an inter-generational sphere. Our mission is to promote the social and professional development of Filipino youth, artists, and entrepreneurs, using Filipino culture and knowledge-of-self as a foundation for empowerment — for the whole community!
Filipinos are the 4th largest visible minority group in the GTA. That’s 3% of Toronto’s population! Since 2005, the K has established itself as a multi-disciplinary hub where mentors exhilarate inspiration and strive to provide an amazing stage for Filipino-Canadian talent(in any sector) to shine! We explore performance, visual and literary arts, music, film/video, entrepreneurship, and so much more, by means of career mentorship, arts and Filipino cultural workshops and programs, and events.
Armed with an appetite for creative endeavours and community advancement, here at the K, we eat art and inspiration.
Come, you eat now.