CLUTCH Vol.4 Opening Reception of B R U H A, just one of the events at the K
EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP @ KAPISANAN
REPORTS TO: Kapisanan Staff: Executive Director, and Operations & Marketing Co-ordinator
EVENT PLANNING INTERN(s) will be working along side the Marketing and Communications Intern, the KAPISANAN Outreach Committee, and the KAPISANAN Video Production Team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
KAPISANAN is seeking intern(s) for its Event Planning Team. The Event Planning Internship provides a learning experience during which interns participate in all aspects of planning, coordinating, and mounting all KAPISANAN public events. Interns will play a key role in the planning of KAPISANAN’s signature and community-partnered events.
We have several HUGE events planned in the next few months, which are attended by an average of 200-250 people each. During this program you will have an opportunity to gain experience in the field and enhance your skills while working under the direction of professional mentors. This is a great opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience in Event Planning with a vibrant and growing professional organization!
The K basement, packed. A sign that the Event Planning process went well.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
• Assist with all aspects of planning, coordinating, and mounting KAPISANAN events.
• Assist in identifying corporate and community partners for sponsorships appropriate for specific events
• Assist in coordinating volunteers for specific events
• Communicating with Marketing & Communications Intern and Outreach Committee (to relay information for the writing and distribution of press releases, media advisories, and other internal and external communication material for specific events, marketing collateral materials for specific events, this includes copy for newsletters, website, flyers, brochures)
• Communicating with Video Production Team to create spotlight videos, and other media presentations for the promotions of specific events; and to properly document events on video
• Ensuring KAPISANAN events refine and strengthen the KAPISANAN brand, identity, image, and mission and vision
• Communicate regularly with KAPISANAN Staff on the status of the tasks assigned.
• Complete all tasks in a timely fashion with high quality of work.
• Ability to work at least two (2) full days in the KAPISANAN office per week for a 6-month period, plus attend all planned KAPISANAN events.
• Carry out all responsibilities in a professional, timely and effective manner.
• Be organized, responsible, and professional, with the ability to function as a team member.
• Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Perform any other duties, carry out any other requests as directed by the Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS / INTERESTS:
We are seeking a dynamic, committed young person who is:
• Well-organized and self-motivated
• Creative and a good problem solver
• Keen interest or some background in the arts and culture production.
• In-depth understanding of Filipino & Filipino-Canadian culture, experience, and struggles
• Keen interest or some background in Event Planning, Public Relations, or related fields
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), though we are willing to train.
Start date: IMMEDIATELY
Work schedule: 2 days/week (which days are flexible) for a 6 months commitment
We are willing to work with a university or college to arrange academic credit or high school co-op placement.
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID – your payment is real world experience, and seeing events you help plan actually happen, with the mentorship of professionals, and/or co-op placement credit.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Event Planning Intern” in the subject by e-mail or in person to:
Caroline Mangosing – Executive Director
167 Augusta Ave.
(2 blocks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is **EXTENDED TO Friday July 3rd at 5 p.m.**
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture (or KAPISANAN or The K) is Canada’s premiere Filipino-Canadian arts & cultural facility located in Toronto
Housed inside Toronto’s Kensington Market district is Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture’s 3500 sq ft headquarters. We are youth-led incorporated non-profit organization with an inter-generational sphere. Our mission is to promote the social and professional development of Filipino youth, artists, and entrepreneurs, using Filipino culture and knowledge-of-self as a foundation for empowerment — for the whole community!
Filipinos are the 4th largest visible minority group in the GTA. That’s 3% of Toronto’s population! Since 2005, the K has established itself as a multi-disciplinary hub where mentors exhilarate inspiration and strive to provide an amazing stage for Filipino-Canadian talent(in any sector) to shine! We explore performance, visual and literary arts, music, film/video, entrepreneurship, and so much more, by means of career mentorship, arts and Filipino cultural workshops and programs, and events.
Armed with an appetite for creative endeavours and community advancement, here at the K, we eat art and inspiration.
Come, you eat now.